Fantom: 5.0T ICON Pro Modified Racing Motor
TAKING PRE-ORDERS NOW! ORDERS ARE BEING SHIPPED ON A FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVE BASIS. WE HAVE BEGUN SHIPPING ORDERS, BUT WE ARE VERY BACKED UP WITH ORDERS. THE CURRECT LEAD TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 4 WEEKS FROM THE DAY YOUR ORDER IS PLACED.
NEW ICON PRO MODIFIED MOTOR - 5.0 Turn (image is representative of the motor design, but not the wind of the motor)
Designed in the USA, we are proud to announce the all new ICON Series racing motors!
Ground Breaking Technology! We have forever changed the RC Industry and the way racers think about tuning motors!
The heart of the new ICON pro modified motors is our Patent Pending "Tuning Pins". This will be a total game changer for your racing program! Our ICON pro modified stator design provides the perfect balance between RPM and torque, for the ultimate power, smooth response, and all the speed you can handle! Plus you get the added ability to fine tune your motor via "Patent Pending Tuning Pins". That's correct, another first from Fantom! With our unique design, we've totally eliminated the need for stator screws. Instead, we've replaced them with "Tuning Pins" which allows you to fine tune the Torque vs RPM of your motor! Why settle for an all purpose motor when you can have a motor designed to fit your exact application!
Up your game and see for yourself why the all new ICON truly is a Game Changer! Whether you race On-Road or Off-Road, 1S or 2S.....We've got you covered!!
Specs and Features:
- All R&D Done In The USA
- New Precision Machined 1-Piece Can Design
- Center band of can designed around stator for better heat dissapation
- New High-Power / Low Resistance, 3mm Aluminum, Silver Plated Collector Ring
- New Patent Pending Tuning Pins, provides multiple options for precise tuning capability
- High Strength and Heat Resistant Magnet Formula
- New Sensor Board Design for Improved Deviation Accuracy
- New Venting Designed to Maximize Heat Dissipation
- 2.0 through 6.5 turn modified motors are built with 12.5mm modified rotors and 7.0 through 9.5 turn modified motors are built with 12.3mm modified rotors, for the ultimate balance of torque and rpm
- Built with your choice of 1 of 2 different rotor options
- Maximum Size, 99.9% Pure Copper, High-Temperature Wire
- Meets All ROAR, BRCA, IFMAR, EFRA Specifications
- Premium Grade Kawasaki® Steel Stator Plates
- CNC Machined Billet T6 Aluminum End Plate for Precision Bearing Alignment
- Maximum Adjustable Timing
- High RPM Precision Bearings
- Additional Tuning Options Available Separately
- Available Modified Winds: 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5
- ROAR Approval Pending
THIS MOTOR INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING IN THE BASE PRICE...
- Professionally built to our strict standards, which includes the rotor properly shimmed (brass shims), complete evaluation of the coils, rotor strength and assymmetry and sensor board deviation. The timing is also set to our recommended setting for your application or you can choose a custom setting.
All modified motors are guaranteed to meet our strict specifications, whether you choose the "Test Options" or not.
IF YOU CHOOSE ANY OF THE OPTIONAL UPGRADE PARTS LISTED BELOW, YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE THE ORIGINAL STOCK PARTS. THIS INCLUDES THE ROTOR, BEARINGS, and STEEL SCREWS.
MOTOR STANDARD AND OPTIONS DETAILS:
Re-Shim (standard brass shims) - Included in the price. We adjust the rotor shims so that the rotor "floats" centered properly within the magnetic field. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly. We also make sure that it has the correct end play, so that it is not bound up or too loose.
Rotor Re-Shim Option (TEFLON® shims) - As with the standard brass re-shim option above, we adjust the rotor shims so that the rotor "floats" centered properly within the magnetic field. With this option, we also use TEFLON® shims for the outermost shims, to minimize any side-load binding between the rotor and bearings. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly. We also make sure that it has the correct end play, so that it is not bound up or too loose.
Bearing Options - If you choose the AXON X10 hybrid bearings option, we make sure the bearings seats are sized correctly before installing the bearings. This ensures that the bearings are not squeezed or distorted when installed, which could cause extra drag or nonconcentrical bearing movement. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearings correctly.
Read more about the standard Chrome Steel Bearings here
- Read more about optional AXON X10 Hybrid Bearings here
Rotor Options - Choose the 12.5mm modified rotor at no extra cost, or choose the 12.3mm optional modified rotor listed below. There is an upcharge for the optional 12.3mm modified rotor, but you will also receive the original 12.5mm rotor if you choose the "optional" 12.3mm modified rotor. All rotors are checked for correct bearing fit. If required, the rotor shaft is polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly.
- Read more about standard 12.5mm Modified Rotor here
- Read more about optional 12.3mm Modified Rotor here
Pro Titanium Timing Adjustment Screws Option -
- Eliminates the power robbing magnetic drag on the rotor that the stock steel screws cause and improves RPM, efficiency and horsepower!
Increases RPM by 100+ RPM compared to the stock steel screws!
Reduces weight by .26 grams compared to the stock steel screws!
- ROAR Approval pending for use in all ICON motors!
Tuning Pin Setup Option -
- Patent pending tuning pins eliminate the need for screws to hold the motor together, and open up a new world of tuning capabilities.
- Tuning pins replace the traditional screws and allow you to custom tune your motor with different length and different material tuning pins.
- Tuning pins are available in full length steel, full length aluminum, 1/2 length steel and 1/2 length aluminum, providing multiple combinations of precise tuning capability.
By changing the lengths and materials, you are able to precisely tune the RPM and Torque characteristics of your motor.
- We set up your tuning pins based on the race application that you choose.
- ROAR Approval pending for use in all ICON motors!
Dyno Test (only available for 5.5 through 9.5 turn mod motors) - Your motor is tested on our Fantom dyno, through an ESC. The ESC is set at the default settings (no added programming). This test evaluates RPM, Power and Torque. If you choose the printout option, the dyno test results of your motor are supplied with your motor. All modified motors are guaranteed to meet our strict specifications, even if you don't choose the print options for the tests.
Rotor Strength Test - Your rotor is tested to make sure it meets proper specs. If we find that the rotor does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. With this test, the rotor's magnetic field strength is tested on our Fantom Facts Machine v3 rotor tester. If you choose the printout option, the rotor test results of your rotor are supplied with your motor. If you choose an optional rotor, we will test both of your rotors. All modified rotors are guaranteed to meet our strict specifications, even if you don't choose the print option.
Coil Resistance Test - Your stator is tested to make sure it meets proper specs. With this test, we evaluate the ohms resistance of your stator to make sure it meets proper specs and to detect shorts. Each coil is tested individually. If we find that the stator does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. With this test, the stator coils are tested on an Instek GOM-801H, which is the same as ROAR uses. If you choose the printout option, the coil test results of your stator are supplied with your motor. All modified stators are guaranteed to meet our strict specifications, even if you don't choose the print option.
Set Motor Timing - This option allows you to either choose to have us set your timing to our recommended setting based on the race application that you select, or we can set it to your own custom setting.
Motor Evaluation - All modified motors are evaluated using the highly accurate Motolyser brushless motor tester. This includes checking the rotor strength and assymmetry, as well as the sensor board deviation and timing accuracy. We do not include Motolyser test results, but all modified motors are guaranteed to meet our strict Motolyser tolerances.
IMPORTANT: We use our Fantom Facts Machine v3 to test our rotors and the Instek GOM-801H to test our stators. The Instek GOM-801H is the same equipment that ROAR uses to evaluate motors. It is important to know that there is no standard in the RC industry for testing brushless rotors and stators. There are numerous testers on the market, including the Trinity, MMS and others, that all provide different information. The information can vary greatly. For example, one company's meter may read 1550 for a rotor, where our meter may read it as 1500. The same goes for stator readings. For example, a 19.5ohm reading on another brand meter, may be the same as a 20.2ohm reading on our tester. The Fantom Facts Machine v3 rotor tester is the most accurate rotor tester in RC and is calibrated to the highest standards, so you can feel confident that we are providing you with the most accurate testing in RC.