Fantom: 13.5T ICON Team Works Motor
TAKING PRE-ORDERS NOW! ORDERS ARE BEING SHIPPED ON A FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVE BASIS. WE HAVE BEGUN SHIPPING ORDERS, BUT WE ARE VERY BACKED UP WITH ORDERS. THE CURRECT LEAD TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 4 WEEKS FROM THE DAY YOUR ORDER IS PLACED.
NEW ICON TEAM WORKS MOTOR - 13.5 Turn (image is representative of the motor design, but not the wind of the motor)
Designed in the USA, we are proud to announce the all new ICON Series racing motors!
Ground Breaking Technology! We have forever changed the RC Industry and the way racers think about tuning motors!
The heart of the new ICON is our "Patented" (U.S. Patent D823,803) designed stator and patent pending "Tuning Pins". These 2 key elements will be total game changers for your racing program! Our patented design stator provides maximum torque while producing the most insane RPM ever seen before! Plus we've also added the ability to fine tune your motor via "Patent Pending Tuning Pins". That's correct, another first from Fantom! With our unique design, we've totally eliminated the need for stator screws. Instead we've replaced them with "Tuning Pins" which allows you to fine tune the Torque vs RPM of your motor! Why settle for an all purpose motor when you can have a motor designed to fit your exact application!
Up your game and see for yourself why the all new ICON truly is a Game Changer! Whether you race On-Road or Off-Road, 1S or 2S.....We've got you covered!!
Specs and Features:
- All R&D Done In The USA
- Patented Stator Design (U.S. Patent D823,803)
- New Precision Machined 1-Piece Can Design
- Center band of can designed around stator for better heat dissapation
- New High-Power / Low Resistance, 3mm Aluminum, Silver Plated Collector Ring
- New Patent Pending Tuning Pins, provides multiple options for precise tuning capability
- New Super High Strength and Heat Resistant Magnet Formula
- New Sensor Board Design for Improved Deviation Accuracy
- New Venting Designed to Maximize Heat Dissipation
- New Maximum Size Allowed, Pure Copper Wire for Lowest Resistance Possible
- Meets All ROAR, BRCA, IFMAR, EFRA Specifications
- Premium Grade Kawasaki® Steel Stator Plates
- CNC Machined Billet T6 Aluminum End Plate for Precision Bearing Alignment
- Maximum Adjustable Timing
- High RPM Precision Bearings
- Additional Tuning Options Available Separately
- ROAR Approval Pending
YOU ARE VIEWING THE TEAM WORKS VERSION OF THIS MOTOR, WHICH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING...
- Professionally built to our strict standards, which includes the rotor properly shimmed, complete evaluation of the coils, rotor strength and asymmetry and sensor board deviation. The timing is also set to our recommended setting for your application or you can choose a custom setting.
- This is our premium motor, built with all available options. Team Works motors include all of the Team motor options, plus we add re-shimming the rotor with Teflon shims & spacer, the highest grade AXON X10 hybrid bearings, pro titanium timing adjustment screws, custom tuning pins setup based on your race application, and all test results printed and included. This is as good as it gets!
- All Team Works motors are guaranteed to meet our strict specifications!
THIS TEAM WORKS MOTOR INCLUDES ALL OF THE OPTIONS LISTED BELOW. IT ALSO INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL STOCK BEARINGS AND STEEL SCREWS, AS SPARE PARTS.
TEAM WORKS PLUS SERVICE & UPGRADE DETAILS:
Rotor Re-Shim w/ TEFLON® Shims - We adjust the rotor shims so that the rotor "floats" centered properly within the magnetic field. We use TEFLON® shims for the outermost shims, to minimize any side-load binding between the rotor and bearings. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly. We also make sure that it has the correct end play, so that it is not bound up or too loose.
AXON X10 Hybrid Bearings - We have tested every motor bearing that we can get our hands on and these are the best that we can find! These are premium custom bearings made with special SUJ2 material. These are not ceramic and not stainless steel. This material is harder than stainless steel and tougher than ceramic. They also feature no-contact seals, for less drag and are the highest precision, most free spinning bearing available for r/c motors. These bearings are lighter and capable of achieving higher RPM's compared to standard chrome steel bearings. The high-tolerance SUJ2 balls are super-hard and roll with extremely high accuracy and low resistance. We also make sure the bearings seats are sized correctly before installing the bearings. This ensures that the bearings are not squeezed or distorted when installed, which could cause extra drag or nonconcentrical bearing movement. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearings correctly.
Pro Titanium Timing Adjustment Screws Option -
- Eliminates the power robbing magnetic drag on the rotor that the stock steel screws cause and improves RPM, efficiency and horsepower!
Increases RPM by 100+ RPM compared to the stock steel screws!
Reduces weight by .26 grams compared to the stock steel screws!
- ROAR Approval pending for use in all ICON motors!
Tuning Pin Setup Option -
- Patent pending tuning pins eliminate the need for screws to hold the motor together, and open up a new world of tuning capabilities.
- Tuning pins replace the traditional screws and allow you to custom tune your motor with different length and different material tuning pins.
- Tuning pins are available in full length steel, full length aluminum, 1/2 length steel and 1/2 length aluminum, providing multiple combinations of precise tuning capability.
By changing the lengths and materials, you are able to precisely tune the RPM and Torque characteristics of your motor.
- We set up your tuning pins based on the race application that you choose.
- ROAR Approval pending for use in all ICON motors!
Dyno Test - We evaluate your motor to make sure it is performing properly. We test your motor on our Fantom dyno, through an ESC. The ESC is set at the default settings (no added programming). This test evaluates RPM, Power and Torque. A printout is supplied with your motor.
Rotor Strength Test - We evaluate your rotor to make sure it meets proper specs. If we find that the rotor does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. The rotor's magnetic field strength is tested on our Fantom Facts Machine v3 rotor tester and the results are provided.
Coil Resistance Test - We evaluate the ohms resistance of your stator to make sure it meets proper specs and to detect shorts. If we find that the stator does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. We test each coil individually, with the Instek GOM-801H and the results are provided.
Set Motor Timing - This option allows you to either choose to have us set your timing to our recommended setting based on the race application that you select, or we can set it to your own custom setting. To set your timing, we use the highly accurate Motolyser brushless motor tester. IMPORTANT: If you choose to have us set your timing to our recommended setting, we set the timing based on blinky mode ESC operation.
Motor Evaluation - All Team Works Plus motors are evaluated using the highly accurate Motolyser brushless motor tester. This includes checking the rotor strength and assymmetry, as well as the sensor board deviation and timing accuracy. We do not include Motolyser test results, but all Team Works Plus motors are guaranteed to meet our strict Motolyser tolerances.
THIS MOTOR IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A TEAM EDITION (link below).
TEAM - Professionally built to our strict standards, which includes the rotor properly shimmed, complete evaluation of the coils, rotor strength and assymmetry and sensor board deviation. Rotor and timing options are also available with this version.
IMPORTANT: We use our Fantom Facts Machine v3 to test our rotors and the Instek GOM-801H to test our stators. The Instek GOM-801H is the same equipment that ROAR uses to evaluate motors. It is important to know that there is no standard in the RC industry for testing brushless rotors and stators. There are numerous testers on the market, including the Trinity, MMS and others, that all provide different information. The information can vary greatly. For example, one company's meter may read 1550 for a rotor, where our meter may read it as 1500. The same goes for stator readings. For example, a 19.5ohm reading on another brand meter, may be the same as a 20.2ohm reading on our tester. The Fantom Facts Machine v3 rotor tester is the most accurate rotor tester in RC and is calibrated to the highest standards, so you can feel confident that we are providing you with the most accurate testing in RC.